Thursday, January 20, 2011

LOL Friendship

I talked to someone recently that I used to consider a friend of mine, a dear friend in fact. After chatting for a bit and getting caught up with what was going on with him and his hubby (who I used to consider my best friend) I was asked what was up with me, and I told him about what had been going on with me including that I had been diagnosed as a bi polar with a panic/anxiety disorder a couple of years back. And then he said something that will baffle me till the day I die. He told me, “Well we all did know something was going on with you but we didn’t know what.” Wow, Really? I haven’t been able to stop thinking about that. Because that basically means that people who Said that they loved me and cared for me could see that I was having a nervous breakdown (which I was btw) among other issues chose to just walk away from me rather than help me. Wow, Really? How is it possible that anyone could profess to love someone and see them so clearly in trouble and not help them. I don’t understand that type of thinking. I can understand if they had tried to help me and I wouldn’t take it. But there was no offer of assistance from them or any encouragement or moral support. None! Its stupid of me really to be surprised that people would act in such a callous cold hearted manner. It is in fact what we do, isn’t it? Anyway I guess what I got from the experience after reflection is the omission from my life of a couple of people who were never really my friends anyway. Pretty good deal I guess even though the price at the time seemed a bit high.

No comments: