Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Attracting a Key




     Hi there Reader, I finally got back to listening to The Sedona Method cds, but I had been putting it off for over a week, and I finally figured out why. Yesterday was a big day for me in terms of admitting some things to myself that needed to be admitted. I didn’t want to continue the cds because I was doing the Effortless Relationship part of the program, and at first I actually believed that I was resisting it because I didn’t want to forgive certain people in my life, but the truth of the matter is that I didn’t want to forgive myself. I certainly didn’t want to accept or love myself, not really, not all the way. When that clicked it was a pretty big moment for me.
     I am not sure what it was about the situation that tipped it for me but I was on Facebook reading a post by a person who has a tendency to irritate me. I started to feel my usual dismissive irritation with this person when all of a sudden it came over me. Its really you that you don’t like. You know that moment in movies when the background behind the actor stretches out and becomes longer? That is what happened in my brain at that moment, I felt my brain stretch and relax and it was like that tiny thing that it was protecting and holding on to for so long just floated away from me, and all of a sudden I just had this clarity. I just knew that letting go of that dislike was the key for me, and that key opens the door to a whole bunch of goodness.

     It has taken me more than a week to figure that out, and I am really okay with that. When you consider where I came from on this not even six months ago a week seems like a miracle. Releasing that energy felt amazing, the lightness that came over me in that moment is like nothing I have ever felt, and I know that from this day on I will only get closer to that place of perfect love. Love for me, love for you, love for everything, just as it is. 


     I would ask you Reader, is there anything in your life you have been avoiding? Anything you have been putting off, even if the justification sounds reasonable? I would encourage you to dig a little deeper (quoting Hale there) and see if you cant find the underlying belief that is holding you back, and let that go. I can promise you the rewards are well worth the effort . Speaking of making an effort I did listen to that cd last night, and I am going to tell you all about it, but that is a whole different blog post. Until tomorrow...

Thanks for taking this journey with me,
Jammy

2 comments:

Rain Dropps said...

So many people live their lives unknowing that they can script it out themselves, if they would take even a few minutes to read words from a real down to earth person like you it would wake them up. keep on keeping on MK!

Marsha Tally said...

Thank you for your kind words Raine. I am working and writing to make myself strong, and I share it with a loving hope that my Readers will find strength here too. Jammy